Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

This day never goes by without a thought of my Nana.  She is in heaven smiling down on us now, but this is her birthday.  I know she's up there having a Boulevard Wheat or two...what I'd give to sit on the back porch sipping a beer with her.

It's also May Day, which to me was always interesting.  The flowers are in bloom and my Nana loved the outdoors.  It's her day, she was born on this day for a reason.  Kim cut some beautiful tulips and daffodils from her yard and it simply made me feel Nana's presence even more.

Addison shares her middle name.  There's not a day that goes by when I don't think of her and all of the wonderful memories we have together.  I do not know why God needed to take her so soon...just when her life was truly being lived (no work, all play, grandkids close).  But I know she's up in heaven looking over our every move.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA...we love you and miss you always.
{College Graduation...May 2006}

Photobucket

1 comment: