Saturday, May 7, 2011

Like Father, Like Daughter

We all know that Addison doesn't look much like me.  When I first saw her and her 'bald,' light colored head...I knew she was a far cry from her mommy.  When her eyes opened and out popped blue, again, I realized she didn't look much like me.  BUT when I saw the picture of Michael below, my heart melted, she really is just like her daddy.  He was such a cute kid (and grew into an extremely handsome man, if I don't say so myself) and I can't wait to see how Addie changes as she gets older.  Her hair seems to be coming in a tad darker than it was a birth.  She isn't 'bald,' but her hair is thin and light at the time.  They have the same head...face shape and small features.  She might have my nose and my family's chin...and my dad says my hair line, BUT she doesn't look like me.  I love it though.  Slightly heartbroken- sure.  I think it'd be fun to have a little "mini-me" running around, but from the looks if it that's just going to have to wait!  Maybe the next one will have my features...maybe it'll be a little boy.  I just think it's always assumed your little girl will look like her mommy...and the little boy like his daddy.  Not here :)  I think I picked a pretty good mate, she's beautiful!
Addie #1
Addie #2
Michael
Addie #3

Both just happen to be the loves of my life! Lucky lady am I!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That pic of Michael as a baby really shows how much she favors him! Your mini-me is still to come! Addie is a total doll though!

    ReplyDelete