Friday, August 5, 2011

Pumping Saga

Sadly, work has diminished my supply.  So, pumping just hasn't been working as of late.  The nurse at Addison's pediatrician told me to give her as much breast milk as possible.  And I am.  I still nurse her when she first wakes up in the morning.  This past week I started pumping a measly 2 oz out of both sides.  Plus, she cut those two teeth and seems very frustrated when she's on the breast.  We have also started cereal three times a day, which she's getting more and more used to.  I still wouldn't say she likes it though!  lol.  Poor baby.

I am heartbroken.  I hate that I have to work anyways.  Time spent away from Addiosn, makes me a crabby mommy.  I hate even more that this job has made it impossible for me to breast feed my baby. I don't drink enough water b/c I can't leave the room to get more water when I need.  I also don't drink enough b/c I can't leave to use the restroom whenever I need.  It's a deadly cycle.  And I, I despise it.  I do love teaching.  I like having an income.  I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

On the other hand, I am lucky I was able to breast feed at all.  I am lucky she got solely breast milk for four whole months.  Some people can't even provide for their newborns for four hours or four days.  She is healthy.  I did my best and that's all I can do.  Addie Lou, Mommy sure loves you.

So, hello formula and the expenses that come with it.  Hello cereal.  It's sad b/c you don't know how many times I have left the house without a bottle b/c for four months I haven't had to think about how I am going to feed my baby.  I was the lady who would breast feed wherever I had to...it's natural...and my baby was hungry! lol.  Once I get out and about, I feel dumb...DUH, Heather...Addie needs a bottle.  Whoops!  I will get the hang of it soon though.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment