Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy One YEAR Anniversary

Lets continue on the topic of time flying.  Michael and I have been married a whole year...we've made it 365 days!  Whoooo Hooooo!

{6.19.10}

It has been one whole year.  Man, I need to talk to the man up there and ask him to slow my life down.  I remember this day more than any other day in my life...ok, besides the day Addison was born.  I remember the two weeks leading up to our wedding day.  I remember all seven days of our honeymoon.  I remember it all.  The nerves, tears, stress, bliss, happiness, increased heart rate..you name it.  I definitely had the wedding blues.  I think I still do :)  I'd relive that time period over and over and over again.  

The only down side to that would be my life wouldn't truly move on.  So, I am thankful...so very, very, very thankful for that time in my life.  Our whole engagement year, finding my wedding dress, all the celebrations, my family, our friends, THE day.  Ah! It brings back wonderful memories.  And it all happened b/c Michael decided in early April to ask, "Heather, will you marry me?"  I think that's when he decided...b/c he proposed in late April...in Vegas with our closest friend couples present.  

Our FIRST year of marriage has been filled with lots of FIRSTS.  Our FIRST positive pregnancy tests, FIRST good use of our medical insurance, FIRST ultrasounds, FIRST holiday without each other, FIRST full 41 weeks of pregnancy, FIRST child, FIRST big move, FIRST home, FIRST airline job, FIRST teaching job. We've been busy.  While this was a fabulous year (did all that really happen in 365 days?!?!), I am looking forward to a...dare I say this aloud...more 'chill' year ahead.  I'd like to stay in the same home, continue to raise our one precious baby girl, and get our work routines under our belts before anything crazy happens :)  Should I be knocking on wood?  Did I just jinx ourselves?  Hope not!  

We are blessed beyond belief.  We met on a cruise our senior year of college spring break.  Yeah, that one fling you didn't think would really amount to anything.  That's my husband.  The biggest lie he's ever told me was the trip he took to ask my father for my hand in marriage.  Another great story to add to our journey.  And, of course, I forgave him.  What's great it that my family knew why he was there before he really said much of anything <3 LOVE.  It was all meant to be.  Our life has really just fallen into place.  Everything kind of all at once.  Ha!  It's was crazy.  And looking back on it, I don't know how I did it, but we did.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment