Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lucky She's Still Ours

Our G was a handful in every sense of the word yesterday.  Kim and I ran to Costco and the grocery store.  In the grocery store, the baby was giving me a hard time.  'It' decided to kick down south, which hurts so stinkin' bad.  On top of that, those bloomin' sciatic nerves started kicking in.  As I waddled down the aisles, I had to stop every now and then to prevent myself from falling down in pain.  The nerves shooting pain down my legs makes my knees buckle and prevents me from taking any further steps.  Usually laying down is the only thing that works.  Mind you, we were not at home.

After settling in back at the house, I let G out on the invisible fence.  My brother-in-law, Ron, took away all the neon orange cones that reminded her of her boundaries.  We thought she'd be fine seeing as early in the day G left the house for a walk with the shock collar on.  Poor baby cried so hard and put on the brakes refusing to move another muscle.  She was afraid to go on a walk- plopping her butt down on the ground.  Well, the little furry brat was digging, so I adventured out in the fairly nice weather to play with her.  All was dandy until she took off running from me...and didn't stop.  Not even when the collar beeped her warning nor when it shocked her neck b/c she crossed "the line."  I yelled for help, ran inside, got her treats, and baby B and I went for a ride.  {Remember the part where my legs/belly were already killing me?}  A neighbor caught my special dog{if you don't have anything nice to say...} and she wouldn't say sorry or listen to anything I asked her to do.

After that exertion of energy, I attempted to take a nap.  I woke up to Kim coming home saying, "Uh-oh, Gracie."  I ran downstairs to find that G was eating out of the bathroom trash.  She frequently does this and I cannot figure out why.  Why would a dog like to eat dirty, wadded up toilet paper/tissues?  A couple hours passed and I hoped my pup was out of her funk.  Good thing I didn't hold my breath.  G escaped into the basement where she proceeded to run in circles from me refusing to go upstairs.  I was very close to tears at this point.  Kim screamed at her and boy did she ever listen.  Thank goodness.  It was one of those days where I just kept telling myself, "You really do love your dog.  You would be sad if she was gone.  You cried when she left you in Prescott."  At the same time, I was about ready to ship her to someone...anyone.  A 'grey and white, blue eyed, almost 4 year-old Siberian Husky for free' sign lingered in the back of my head.  Here she is...in all her cuteness waiting for me to wake up and take her potty Friday morning:
She's lucky she's cute...and still our dog :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gracie! I think she's ready for Baby B to arrive....I hope!

    ReplyDelete