Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Large Banana

We made it through the halfway mark.  Now at 21 weeks pregnant baby B in the size of a large banana.  Measuring in at 10.5 inches and 11-12.5 ounces (that's a big jump)!  The websites say to keep in mind that the baby tastes what I'm eating since it swallows amniotic fluid for hydration, nutrition, and practice.  It seems odd that the amniotic fluid tastes different from day to day.  But I guess it makes sense..the whole passing from my body to the baby weirds me out.  I am totally cool with the umbilical cord and placenta (although I hear the after birth is absolutely no fun), but the amniotic fluid too, sick!  Currently the baby has plenty of room in my belly...which is why this is the phase for flips, rolls, twists, and turns.  Since baby B was VERY active over the weekend, I assume that this would be correct.  He/She has room, so why not keep himself/herself busy???  The belly is here to stay!  This is also post breakfast...proff the baby is there :0)



Even with my shirt on this morning I look more pregnant than I have in the past (personally).  It's exciting to see all the changes.  I just wonder how much is baby and how much will I have to work off in the end...hummm?  I got cleared for CrossFit Mom at my last appointment.  That made me happy.  I don't feel as if I'm breaking the rules anymore...lol.  I still go 3-4 times a week.  It's a part of my weekly/daily/life's routine.  A lady at the gym told me I have a bump the size of my butt on the front, now I'm even.  I was dying laughing.  It kinda looks that way, huh?  I am enjoying the strong nails.  I will miss this when they leave once baby comes.  They're so different.  Not brittle and ugly.  I might even get a manicure just b/c I like my nails right now (those of you that know me, know I hate manicures...biggest waste of money)!  While at the doctor their scale said I have gained 10 lbs.  Which is about right for 19 weeks (at that time).  But every morning I step on the scale at the same time (ok, not every morning, but a few times a week) and it says 2-3 lbs less than what the doctor said.  I know this is b/c of water weight, the time of day, what I've eaten and what had left my body, but that's a huge difference.  I told my nurse that...she just said, "every scale is different."  Blah.  No, I'm not a nazi about it.  I just don't want to end up gaining more than healthy/necessary.  I've met several moms recently that gained 50 lbs in their last pregnancy (course, that was years ago, but STILL).  It makes me sick to think about.  Sorry to those folks out there that gained that much.  I really hope I am not one of you.  Ha ha ha...I'm just being honest.  Still no weird cravings.  However, when I have something on my mind, I must eat it.  Usually those foods aren't abnormal though.  I crave french fries a lot, but always have, and Mexican ALWAYS sounds good.  Fruit, fruit, and more fruit.  And of course, milk.  Sweets and sugar- typical.  My chest is growing...and it's AWESOME!  Someone like me would be happy about that...I could see being well endowed and having them grow a pain, but this lady is one happy camper!  

Other than that, I can't think of much right now.  Sorry of the long, wordy paragraph!  I will write about this past weekend tomorrow.  And p.s. I'm "cheating" on my countdown to see Mr. B and am leaving THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!   Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.  No tears here...I get to see my man in 2 days.  *Ah* 

1 comment:

  1. You popped!! Definitely sporting a cute baby bump!!! So glad you get to see him earlier than planned...what a great surprise for you.

    BTW, you don't look like you've gained 10lbs! Don't worry about the weight gain though. You're young, healthy and fit. The weight will come off easier than it would for most of the population. You'll be back in your skinny jeans in no time!

    ReplyDelete