Thursday, March 24, 2011

One Week Old

Holy cow, Addison time flies.  Look, you are already a week old and Mommy hasn't even told the blog world what happened with your delivery.  Let's just say, you keep me busy these days.  And I love every minute of it.

Addison had her 'One Week Checkup' on Wednesday.  We met with her pediatrician, Dr. Neilsen (*side note: I have a childhood family friend with this woman's exact name...crazy), who will grow with our peanut.  It's kind of cool to me to think that my child has the possibility of having the same doctor her whole life.  Mike and I would like to try really hard to stay in the same area for the entirety of our child's life...something I didn't have as a child.   She is a great doctor, I feel.  The receptionist when I checked out said, "Congratulations- on your little girl and Dr. Neilsen, she doesn't accept new patients."  I was dumbfounded b/c I didn't do a single thing to get her.  I simply went with recommendations and told the hospital that was the doctor we wanted.  I called on Monday to schedule an appointment and wham, bam, thank you ma'am I got "in" with the tough doctor.  When knew?  Only the best for YOU, Miss Addie.

So our pumpkin is perfect :)  She has gained almost all of her weight back, weighing in at 6 lbs 4 oz!  Yayyy for my milk coming in!  All her parts checked out great- her eyes, ears, head, heart, lungs, and whatever else.  She woke up b/c I had to get her nakey and stayed bright eyed for the doctor.  She even pooped to prove her bowels were right on the money.  And now we know for certain she's ours...a pooping, tooting machine.  That's our Addie.  We prefer her to wear the premie diapers, as they fit her little no butt best.  She pretty much sleeps, "plays," poops and starts back over again.  We usually go down for bed after our 9 pm feeding then I am up every 3 hours like clockwork.  Miss Addie could sleep for longer, but this momma has milk and needs to feed.  So, we are up at midnight, 3 am, and 6 am...I've been getting 7 hours of sleep at night.  IF I could fall asleep after the 6 am feeding, it'd get more.  But I cannot.  I am a morning person and am bright eyed and bushy tailed once the sun is up.  She is a smiley girl.  I'm trying to catch it on camera.

(pics to come)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Aww, how fun. More pics please! Especially more of mommy & Addie!

    ReplyDelete