Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Whoa Really?!?!?

I am 29 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  This means I am in my 30th week of pregnancy.  40-30=10 I'm good at math, right? But the answer...that 1 and that 0 means I have 10, TEN, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, two hands, both feet left of pregnancy.  Whoa, really?!?!

Where did time go?  Somewhere between the flabby, awkward, slow moving, miserable first trimester and the tummy showing, belly button popping, uncomfortable sleeping, hard to breathe third trimester time flew by.

Wanna know what else is totally freaking me out right now?  That in those 10 short weeks, I hope I am packed, moved, and semi settled in a new home in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, IL.  Yes, I will pack a 3 bedroom home solo (with the help of any and all friends, of course), hubby will make the 1,745 mile track from Prescott Valley, AZ to South Elgin, IL in two days with our Gracie, we will find a new home- an important home, where we will first start our family, bring our first baby into, live for at least two years, and grow as husband and wife in the same city again, all before Baby B decides to make his/her grand entrance.  We will also attend a labor & delivery crash course and a breast feeding class, as well as, set up the nursery and prepare ourselves for parenthood!!!!  Think we can do it??  Sure! Of course we can.  There are thousands of little things I know exist between point A and B, but believe it or not, this determined momma-to-be will have her cake and eat it too!  Well, if it's all up to me :)  (which it's not!)

So, at 29 weeks our little bean is three pounds...holy moly!  And 17 ish inches long.  Very active little mister or misses in there!  The baby's skin is smoothing out and the baby is gaining the kind of fat that's used for energy...makes sense, huh?  I am being told to start counting kicks, but haven't sat down to do it just yet.  I will let you know the update once we do it.

Best news:  hubby is here with me.  And he's snoozing with my sister, Emily's, 8 week old puppy, Noelle.  *love*

And here's my belly in a shirt...until I get a better pic :)

2 comments:

  1. Heather, you're remaining extremely calm for everything you have to do in 10 weeks! Keep up the great attitude because everything is going to work out the way you want it to. :) You're almost there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold off on those math comments... Two hands and both feet would be 20 wouldn't it? lol

    ReplyDelete