Thursday, July 14, 2011

Addison's First Day @ School

Thankfully, this was not a hard step for me!  Her first day of school was today.  She went into the infant room...and I went into the Preschool room.  My room (Pre-K) is not open just yet.  We just opened the doors to children on Monday, so we are filling up daily and will be in full swing soon.

I dropped her off in her room at 8:30 am.  I got her settled and went on my merry way.  She was dressed like a baby doll.  She is my baby doll :)  I got to nurse her at 10:30 am, which was wonderful.  Little did I know I was supposed to clock out to do so...annoying.  Super annoying.  Being paid hourly just sucks...there's no if, an's, or butt's about it.  I am already excited for a salary job.  (that's sad to be able to admit that already!)  Anyways...so that was a hiccup.

She was smiley and happy and met a new friend, Calvin.  She melted the teacher's hearts- duh, what do you expect??  She took a 5 minute cat nap and a 45 min solid nap.  Then she got some gas.  Poor baby was screaming bloody murder.  The only other time I've heard that scream was after her shots.  Ugh.  It's heart wrenching.  I despise that sound.  Goof on the teachers was that they didn't burp her after I nursed.  I told them what to do and how to do it.  I also told them they'd be "in trouble" with Addison if they did not get a burp.  Sadly, I could not burp my princess b/c I had to be in my classroom for a parent tour.  Of course, the family was 45 minutes late...don't mind my rushing to feed you Addie.  I blame it on others!

We left a little stressed.  Nobody is to blame...it was just a tough scenario.  Although, I do believe that anyone who is used to infants would exhaust all other options before stuffing a baby with a bottle.  Mind you it was 30 minutes early- unlike her, it was half formula b/c we've started weening her off the breast (terribly sad)- she is still unsure of this process, but has adjusted outstandingly.  So, leaving 3 oz left in her 5 oz bottle is uncharacteristically Addie.  The skin around her eyes was purple from crying.

Thankfully, I was right around the corner, got off work early, and spoiled this little girl rotten the rest of the day.

(*you will have to forgive me for the lack of pics...my computer is full apparently)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment