Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Sitter

It's funny what a little bit of peer pressure can do to an infant...lol.  I kid.  No peer pressure, or none that I know of.  But this past weekend Addie spent time with her 'cousins' in Phoenix.  The trip was on the DL...I solely wanted to go for worry free girl time.  And that's exactly what I got...thank you, Nichole :)

Addison was the only one not sitting up.  Harper is a nine and a half month old walker.  YES, you read that correctly...walking before 10 months!  Holy moly!  Last time I saw her, in April, she was as old as Addison and Ophelia.  Now these girls seem so babyish!  In a blink of an eye, I was there visiting roughly five months ago.  Addie was a newborn...teeny, tiny, bumpkin.  Now, that point of her life seems like forever ago.  She's so big!

Ophelia just started sitting up about two weeks ago.  But she's five days older than Addie!  Nichole says it's because she has a solid foundation...she's a chunky monkey!  Addison knew what sitting felt like, but she just never had to do it.  So, when we got back from our super quick, too short trip, I told Michael it was our fault she wasn't sitting up.  You see, Ophelia never really liked the swing.  Addison has always been content in pretty much anything.  So, throughout the day she goes from seat to seat to play mat/floor, changing her surroundings.  We'd sit with her and talk to her and give her the attention she needed, we'd hold her, feed her, change her diaper, etc.

After my visit, I realized we never really let her sit up.  We just always put her in a seat.  Even the Bumbo seat isn't the same as sitting up on your own.  I started feeling really bad.  Thankfully, I realized this and all it took was one day home with Daddy to get her sitting up all by herself for extended periods of time.  Of course, we don't leave her in that position b/c she's still a little timid/wobbly!

Bottom line:  Addison is 25 weeks old tomorrow and she is officially a sitter! Yay Addison :)

*pics soon
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment