Monday, September 19, 2011

Six Months


Flllleeeewwwwwww by!

What a moment to document.  Addison Irene Buttenob you are six months old.  You are the light of our life.  What did we ever do before you??  You still only have your bottom two teeth.  You sit up on your own.  You grab for EVERYTHING!  Anything we have is yours too.  The other day I was making a grilled cheese.  Yes, you were in my arms.  Away from the stove.  You are always attached to me in one way or another...your eyes are glued to me!  You reached for the bag of bread and held it all the way from the pantry to the stove and back again.  Dad was sure impressed!  

You are still a size two diaper.  You continue to LOVE your cereal and we've started you on carrots.  You now eat those plain, willingly as well.  Still on formula.  Usually 3-4 6 oz bottles.  You play solo very well, but of course you love to be entertained.  I certainly would also.  I'm not one to enjoy being alone.  

I think your hair is growing by the minute!  I think you may be a brunette...just like me.  You have no idea how much that means to this momma.  Ever since the moment the doctor pulled you out of my belly, everyone has said you look just like Daddy.  Every now and then Papa says he sees me in you.  Others have glimmers too...especially in your Nike kicks.  And when you smile :)

It melts my heart.  You are still insanely happy...like this isn't right.  You still squeeze your hands and legs together.  Which, the doctor says is just a comforting mechanism.  I believe you do this is stressful, uncomfortable, or sensory overloading situations.  Our poor angel.  I feel like it's when you are stressing out :(  However, you've been known to sleep like that as well.  So, maybe it's just comforting.  

You weighed 15 pounds 3 ounces and were 26 inches long even!  Both are in the 50th ish percentile.  I've learned that as long as you are healthy, those are very unimportant.  

Addison, you turn your head when your name is called.  You love grabbing your toes.  You aren't too happy on your belly ever...so who knows when you will crawl :)  I'm having a blast thinking about the holidays with you.  It makes my heart beat fast.  Santa Claus, will you please come to our house early so that we can celebrate Addie's first Christmas with Dad too?  Thank you!











(it's not letting update pics...what's new these days?)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment