Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our Stay

Addison slept relatively well.  I slept like poo.  Awake every 10 minutes or so.

No parent should have to go through the Pediatric floor.  The amount of crying/screaming you hear causes nightmares themselves.  Let alone your own mind going crazy about you child/family.

While there I couldn't stop thinking of the NICU Moms, Dads and families.  Bless your souls.  I've read blog after blog about different situations with different families.  It's nuts.  I can't imagine and I give there some intense support coming from a mom who isn't sure I'd make it through any of that.  Let alone a sick child.  Ugh.

Saturday was rough, I hung onto the fact that Michael would be there 'tomorrow.'  I started going a little stir crazy.  Our room was the size of the bathroom in my maternity room.  Terrible.  It was a closet.  I felt claustrophobic all of the time!

After her antibiotic on Saturday via her IV, she was fever free without meds come 10 pm.  Her last fever was 101.3 or something.  Sunday night she was still fever free = we go home Monday!  Mike stayed with her that night.  Cheers to a good Dad, an equal parent, and a partner in life.  I got some sleep...didn't set an alarm b/c I truly didn't think I'd sleep hard.  But woke up at 7:30 am freaked b/c I was late!  Addie already had her sonogram of her kidneys-- all is well.  And she had some blood drawn.  They were trying to get another pee sample via a bag but lost 2 in her diaper.  SO...she slept in my arms.  I woke her up, put her hand in cold water, and stood her up to catch the pee.  SUCCESS!

They had failed too many times and this momma didn't want her baby to have another catheter.

Everything came up fine...and after her last round of antibiotics we headed home.

Don't worry- we still had our friends over for dinner.  Thank you, Mike :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment