Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby B

So, here it is. The next phase of our life. Coming at us like a line drive back to the pitcher.

We let almost everyone know we wanted a honeymoon baby. It just so happens that's what we got! On the evening of July 8th, Mike and I wonder out to our local grocery store and bought a home pregnancy test. We moseyed on over to Chili's to eat salads we were both in the mood for and headed home for a mellow night in. When we got there, I took the first of two pregnancy tests. Peed on the stick then waited for 3 minutes, which felt like 15! Mike had a gut feeling there was going to be one line (meaning I am indeed not pregnant and, therefore, am crazy). I, on the other hand, had a gut feeling that I couldn't possibly be that crazy and there'd be two pink lines. I won. Test #1 was positive at 9:30 pm on Thursday, July 8th.

We freaked. Looked at each other for a good while and said, "Wow. We did it!" Knowing the MANY complications that can happen when trying to get pregnant and within the first trimester, we were slightly worried it would take us awhile to conceive. Yes, we wanted a honeymoon baby, but we weren't going to be all bent out of shape about it. Not trying, but not NOT trying either. In the midst of our celebrations, hugs, kisses, smiles, and, "Wows" we got an email from our wedding photographer announcing our wedding pictures and slideshow posted. Ironic? Meant to be? We think so!

Friday morning I woke up at 7 am and took another test with that first pee of the day, which is supposedly "the best." After another 3 minutes that didn't seem as long, the test again revealed two pink lines! We are pregnant!!

Now it begins- no alcohol (I will miss my wine), no caffeine (therefore, good coffee), no Advil. I am now on Mike's healthcare, so next up is finding a doctor and getting the official stamp of approval from a professional.

Just FYI- decaf coffee tastes like crap. I do have had some pretty scary lower abdomen cramps. They are extremely painful. We are not 100% this baby will make it the 1st trimester...just like with everyone else's first trimester, but we are being positive and hoping for the best. We also know that what is meant to be will be! I will keep everyone posted via this blog on our little baby B : )

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment