Sunday, January 1, 2012

Nine Months

Addison at nine months- a few weeks late- is ON THE MOVE!

Yay little girl.  Mommy and Daddy are so proud of your hard work.  We truly believe that each child does things in the order in which they need to.  You crawled before Christmas- just like Mommy said you would.  Your Daddy and I were lounging around on December 22nd.  Luckily, Mommy had the day off work.  Dad was playing with you and put a toy just out of your reach.  It clicked in your little head that you had the ability to retrieve that toy yourself.  You laid on your belly, pushed off with your toes, and pulled yourself forward with you arms.  After a short while, that toy was in your hand!

Mommy cried.  I cannot believe you are so stinkin big!  We have a video we'd love to post if I could ever figure out why my videos won't post on my blog :(

Addison you are as happy as can be still...well, as long as things are going your way :)  You look like Daddy and you have a few of his other qualities too.  You're determined, stubborn, and have a slight attitude!  You got your fourth tooth in on the bottom- you now have EIGHT total!  Holy moly Momma!  You are much better with eating solid foods.  Although, you are not hip on anything that doesn't dissolve right away (ie. puffs, Cheetos, Cherios, and yogurt melts).  We will try every day until you figure it out.  You do enjoy feeding yourself though- whew!

You get three meals a day and one last bottle before bed.  The sippy cup is another struggle, but again, we will not give up!

You weigh 17 pounds 5 ounces, which means you dropped to the 25th percentile.  You are a little nugget still.  You usually go to bed between 7 and 8 pm and sleep until 7 or 7:30 am.  We are so very grateful for your great sleeping habits.

Daddy calls you his little 'stinkor.'  My nickname for you has been Lou and it seems to be spreading.  I love it.  I too call you stinkor from time to time.  You make this 'stink face' where you wrinkle your nose and breathe out of it quickly.  It's SO cute.  I've gotten it on camera a few times (pic will post soon).  You reach your arms up to the sky when you want to be held- it's adorable!

You wear 9-12 month clothes...the 6 month ones are too short in the sleeves and legs.  You still wear a size 3 diaper.  Sadly, we have still been battling your diaper rash issue.  Seems like your #2s hurt your bum no matter how quickly we smell them.  I don't believe it's the diapers, wipes, or cream.  Although we don't ever leave your butt cream free for fear of the rash.

You absolutely LOVE to play.  And still enjoy watching Baby Einstein videos.  We got a stroller given to us, so you love to go on outings in the big girl stroller.  I love it too, but it reminds me of how you are moving father and father from being a baby.

You still have your binky.  At times you fall asleep without it, so I am hoping that's a sign of how...dare I say it...easy it is to get rid of the thing.

The Holiday season was SO fun with you around.  Mommy and Daddy bought you your first two Cabbage Patch dolls...and you love them!  Just like Mommy did as a little girl.  You give them kisses and light up when I bring them out to play with.

You attend Primrose (school) twice a week and seem to be liking it more and more each time.  I think it's a fun change of environment for you.  Although, stranger danger did hit this month.  You aren't too terribly bad, so I have no complaints.  You will snuggle your head down into my shoulder and grab onto my shirt if you don't want to go to someone else.  Or you lean away from the 'stranger' or whomever it is that's trying to hold you.  A few times you have flailed your hands at the person telling them to stay away...or "No, thank you!" as we are trying to teach you soft touches and manners.  It's quite funny.  If you get the thumbs up from me that you are OK with someone else, you don't whimper or fuss.

Addison, you are great a communicating already.  I typically know what you want or need...and if I don't, you sure let us know :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment