Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving

We have so much to be thankful about year after year.  Even with the downs and lows of life, we have it good.  I am forever thankful for that.

Addison, it was your second Thanksgiving.  Daddy participated in his first ever Turkey Bowl, he was super excited to be around this year.  We got to stick around the house preparing my onion dip, which is our family's favorite appetizer :)  It was relatively warm and sunny this year!  We headed off to Great Grandma Terry and Great Grandpa Bill's house with Auntie Kim, Uncle Ron, Kyle, and Ryane. You didn't get a nap before we left the house and didn't fall asleep in the car.  Double bummer.  There was a small miscommunication between your father and I about what time we were leaving the house.

We arrived and you we down for a nap shortly after.  Bad thing was that dinner was to be served roughly an hour after you went down.  Of course, we sat in the formal dining room, which is located just outside of where you nap.  You quickly woke up and screamed for a good 15-20 minutes.  The whole family was waiting on you, little miss, to say the prayer.  All of us with watering mouths!  You calmed down, but did not eat a thing.  You ate more when you were 8 months old :)  You missed out Princess.

It was a good evening filled with family.  We FaceTimed our family in Texas and were thankful for technology and the ability to keep in touch with those we love.  Mommy planned out her Black Friday outings b/c this year the stores I wanted to hit were open at 8 and 9 pm Thursday night.  Daddy played Monopoly.  Addie, you will soon learn Mommy despises that game.  It takes entirely too long and everyone is competitive.  Game over for this Momma, especially pregnant and Miss Ads not being entertained by anything (insert another crying fit due to the lack of nap and the fact that it was past bedtime).

I never took a family picture *tears*  I am beyond very upset with myself.  But that's OK.  I'm very forgetful this pregnancy and that's where I point my blame.  Little 2.0, you had a great meal in my belly.  Surprisingly, we did not gorge ourselves and eat too much.  We ate just enough.  At this point, eating a ton of food only makes my mood absolutely terrible and my belly (mostly the skin that covers it) feel like it's stretch inhumanly far.

Thank you, Lord, for family and friends.  Thank you for my husband and for him being home to share this holiday for once; for me being a mother to an amazing little 20 month old girl and the bean growing in my belly; for food on my table and a roof over my head.  Thank you for giving me hands down THE.BEST. family- those I grew up with, my own little family, and those I got through marrying my husband.  My life is full- SO.MUCH. to be thankful for :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post Heather. Not long now. Wish we could be there on the 17th but we will be there soon enough! Love you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete