Wednesday, February 5, 2014

AND...We're Back! Cali Style!

I'm seriously depressed that my last post shows our Miss Morgie Moo at 3 months!

So, here's to keeping up with my blog. I miss it. I am hoping to make time each week for a post. I need
to blog. It's the best kind of therapy!

I will back track on our life for almost the past year later.

For now, I want to update the world about my precious girls, our new living arrangements (no snow here!) and life as a mommy-daddy stay-at-home, go crazy duo!

Here are our girls in the past months:

{San Diego living has been rough- Sunday NFL Game Day in the sand}

{Morgan turns 11 months, Addison wants to participate too!}

{one of us is potty trained and still loving her 'magic shoes' (thanks to Auntie Mel Plouv}

{her eyes are green and she doesn't look too much like her Daddy- whew!}

{lil Miss Into Everything b/c I must do what my sister does}

As all of you know, we moved to San Diego, CA for a job opportunity Michael could not pass. We were timid. I cried hard when we were visiting. Thinking- this isn't home, we will never fit in here. It seemed so hard and cold and unwelcoming.

My gut told me to go. My heart told me to stay. Such a tornado of emotions. I am a wife. I cannot avoid backing up my partner in life. This is his dream. He had given presentation after presentation to the man behind this job several times, year after year. It had finally come. I should have jumped for joy! But I couldn't. I made a wonderful life in Chicago. I had an extended family that became my best friends. People I wanted to be with every.single.day.of.the.year.

That alone doesn't happen. Everything was smooth. Mike worked for the airline. Left for 4 days straight, came home and was a full-time Dad. I worked at a pre-school whose education surpasses everything I've ever know for its students. My oldest daughter attended school there...with me. I loved it. Like any mom, I dreamed of a paycheck flying into my bank account while I stayed home with my beautiful daughter. I was a hop, skip, and jump away from immediate family. I spent hours, days, weeks, and even months there. THAT is where I brought our first baby girl home to. Why/How could I ever leave?

Then December, 2012 arrived. Morgan was born. Michael accepted the job offer. My world went into a whirlwind of chaos.

Today is February 5th, 2014 (Happy Birthday to my niece, Ryane!). We have lived in San Diego for nine months. We love it. Most importantly, our girls love it. They throughly enjoy being outside to the f.u.l.l.e.s.t. I can't express that more. My husband is home more than I could have ever DREAMED of for the life of a pilot. I long for sunshine, in fact, I'd say that my body demands it. Sure enough- San Diego has ample amounts of sunshine. Gracie is happy to have a backyard. Off leash she can roam, lay, kick dirt, and peer at passerby's all day long.

That makes 5 for 5. A win is a win. And it's truly a W for The Buttenob family.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment