Thursday, November 26, 2009

Not So Sure About This

So...as you can see, I keep promising I am going to write more frequently on 'our' blog. And I don't. Not so sure I am a good blogger...does this take time? Does anyone read this? Does anyone care to read it? I think once our life becomes more eventful, I will have more to write. Not sure.

Our trip to Kansas was nothing short of perfect. Homecoming was a blast, I was able to reconnect with several friends I lost track of over time. It was nice. Most of us just picked up right where we left off...strange how life works that way. Others it was a 'mending' of a lost friendship. Either way- cool. Our time with the Lovin family was too short, but it always is. We spent more time with them this time, which is most definitely what I wanted. Last time Jo was prego : ) And this time I got to meet their little one! SO nice. Their house feels like home and there was SO SO SO much to catch up and chat about. I loved it. I love their family...that is growing rather quickly! Kansas was FREEZING...we tried to prepare ourselves for the cold, but we didn't do a good enough job- apparently. Anyways...I loved our visit and wish we could visit more often. If only money grew on trees!

We are now within 7 months of the wedding. Save-the-Dates are being sent out as we speak. We scheduled an officiant (finally!) and a limo service for the wedding party to leave the ceremony and take pics around the city...which I cannot wait for! I love our photographer. I found an invitation I like that isn't too pricey (also, FINALLY!). I will have a little 'putting together' to do, but nothing a couple girlfriends and a bottles of wine can't handle! Maybe I can convince Mike to help too...we shall see : ) Then, once we get the r.s.v.p.s back, we will have a # and can finish up the flowers, favors, and dinner arrangements....as well as some other things I won't publicize, as they are surprises! We have other little things to do, like purchase a cake topper, champagne glasses, the marriage license, and bridal party gifts (which, are proving more difficult for Michael). We did book our HONEYMOON- woo hoo! We are headed to Cancun for 7 nights...all inclusive. We're excited. So that's the wedding update...

Good news, I lived through my 26th birthday! My dad and Jenny came out to celebrate. Jenny and I have the same birthday, so that was fun. We went to the Grand Canyon on Saturday and Mike flew us to Sedona on Sunday. I love it when my Dad comes to visit...it's always a special treat since I only see him twice a year! On the actual day, a few of my friends met us out at a wine bar I LOVE...so that was a treat as well. Last weekend, my friends in Phoenix got together for homemade pizza and a wine bar. I think I'm a wino...in a good way. lol. It was great spending time with friends and family. Thanks to everyone's birthday wishes and thoughts throughout the week!

And today is Thanksgiving. I am blessed in more ways than I can express on this blog! I am extremely lucky and thankful for all that I have. My future husband is an absolute blessing in my life. He's my best friend and without a doubt the one person that brings me joy each and every day. Our story is crazy and I am so very thankful I met him. Fate. I love our Gracie and I'd love to get her a little puppy brother! I'm thankful for my family...Mom, Dad, Caitlin, Emily, and Hannah...and my in-laws too! All of them have been so supportive throughout our relationship and wedding planning process. I'm also thankful for our friends!! They're my family away from home : ) I wouldn't survive without them day in and day out.

Alright, now time to watch some football and go to work. Yes, sadly I have to work today, but Mike's parents are coming up from Phoenix to celebrate tomorrow. It will be nice to be with the kids on the holiday though...no lie.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment